Buckmans Inc. PSA10T 10# SPLASH POUCH PH PLUS
Use this Buckmans Inc. Splash pouch for raising pH levels in water. Below is the manufacturer directions on how to use this product.
Click here for the Safety Data Sheet
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Splash pH Plus (Soda Ash Dense)
FOR LOWERING TOTAL ALKALINITY AND pH. First test the pH and Total Alkalinity of your water using a test kit. The ideal range for Total Alkalinity is based upon the type of sanitizer used (80-100ppm for sodium hypochlorite, calcium hypochlorite or lithium hypochlorite and 100-120ppm for dichlor, trichlor and bromine tablets). The ideal pH range is 7.4 to 7.7. Keeping your pH and Total Alkalinity in these ranges will allow your sanitizers to work more efficiently.
ALWAYS ADJUST TOTAL ALKALINITY FIRST. If the Total Alkalinity of the water is higher than 140ppm, it must be lowered. 1½ pounds of Splash pH Minus will lower Total Alkalinity by 10ppm in 10,000 gallons of water.
1. Determine amount of pH Minus needed by calculation.
2. Make sure pump is on to circulate the water.
3. Fill a plastic bucket with water.
4. Add Splash pH Minus to the bucket of water and mix thoroughly using a plastic our wooden utensil.
5. Pour this mixture into pool while walking around the perimeter of pool. Use caution to not pour mixture into skimmers, near underwater lights, near steps and ladders.
1. Do not add Splash pH Minus directly to pool water. Always add acid or acid solutions to water. Remember never add water to Splash pH Minus as this product is a dry acid.
2. Do not add more than 20 oz of Splash pH Minus per 10,000 gallons of water at one time.
3. Water may be retested and additional pH minus, if needed, may be added after 4 hours.
Once the Total Alkalinity is in the proper range for type of sanitizer being used the pH should be adjusted to 7.4 to 7.6. If you adjust the Total Alkalinity first the pH should be close to the proper range.
If the pH is still above 7.6 you may perform an acid demand test or use the chart below
If pH is 7.6 to 7.8 use 15 oz. per 10,000 gallons of water.
If pH is 7.8 to 8.0 use 20 oz. per 10,000 gallons of water.
If pH is 8.0 to 8.4 use 30 oz. per 10,000 gallons of water.
Follow directions as described above for proper use.
If the pH is lower than 7.4 you should use Splash pH Plus to raise to the proper level.